Stevie.

As I gently opened the door trying not to make a sound, I knew he'd be awake. He never stopped caring. All these years, as I moved out, got back, or stayed in for a few days, he always counted on me returning back to this place, even when I didn't show up.
He would wait by the door till I snapped the key in and then like knowing it was me, would wag his tail hard enough to make a patting sound with the door.
These last years, as we all grew up, so did his worth. He had babies, we met them often, but never came across someone as quiet and understanding as him. He was always the one who kept it low. Not a fan of expressing himself much, like it runs down in this family, he always lied beside those who preferred.

Whenever he and I would go for a walk, he'd want to show me around places, like proving he belonged here. All those who knew him, would make sure they give him a call, when he's around. He was the one who acknowledged the appreciation.







Whenever I'd feel down, like he knew something was wrong with my mind, he'd come by lie by my side, and somehow that silence was all that I needed. Someone who licked my tears when I needed a shoulder. Someone who gave his entire life for the sake of happiness of those who believed in confining his existence within four walls, calling it a better atmosphere than those running lose. (I doubt what we know of Freedom). Yet, I haven't fallen in love with the same person as many times as I've fallen for him.

After S died, they had him waiting for me, at the house.
He made it all beautiful. Everything.
:)

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I thought this was a happy story.

      I love him and he loves me, infact, as I jolt this down, he's lying by me with his face on my knee :P

      Delete
  2. It's amazing the connection that we develop with our beloved pets...Stevie souds like no exception. They are our best friends through very rough times...giving us their unconditional love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Animals can be so healing, they seem to feel your emotions and come to lay near you. Wonderful story :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AND THIS IS WHY I WANT A DOG!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. most pets are like that... lucky you to have enjoyed his company...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though I'm scared of dogs, yours is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. =( So hard to lose a part of us, eh? But what a sweet bank of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. dogs are the best companions. so loving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have an adorable friend. Nice dedication to him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. D'aw...he's lovely.
    This is one of the times I think I want a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice pictures.Pets if patted will return it by wagging the tail.Impreessively written.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment