How do we step out of the lull?

Did we ever step out of the lull? I wonder. Not that I did. Nor did my people. We tried and waited and played this on repeat. It kept coming back to us. Bigger and better each time. If only we knew what better meant.

Some we lost on the way, the hopeless. I think they stopped trying, or stopped hoping, I don't know. I tried to push them out. I didn't sugarcoat it. Just asked how they shaped their expectations. Some lied to me. Told that they were meant to have these expectations.

Don't know much about their stories, I remember mine though. One day, I stopped expecting. When the world had given me everything, within a jerk move it felt free to take it all away. When I stopped expecting, the tables turned.

Shh. Silence is calling. 

Comments

  1. Things can change, we just have to go with it sometimes. And yeah, expecting never ends up what we expected, usually, so pffft to expecting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Expectation for places or things seems to wobble most of the time. It is when I make things happen that it works the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Change should be expected. The fact we try so hard to hold things in a constant state is the ridiculous part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think as I've gotten older I've learned not to have certain expectations as it relates to people, but there are still certain expectations of myself that I stay true to more than ever. Thoughtful post! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment