Hold onto me.

Give me your truth world. Don't lie to me. Don't sugarcoat it. On days, I might not be the strongest, but I am strong. Help me seek my truth in your truth. There's a desire for new, unadulterated and dark version of reality to be sought in me. I look for you. I look within you. I am a part of you.

On somedays, when I shrink in having forgotten about the blessings, I hope you find a way to remind me to be grateful. I hope you look back at me and smile. I hope on those days, you're a little extra nice in the form of friends who buy you soup. Or those checkin' in on you in your hiding places. After all, it takes two hands. Are you holding mine?

“As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world – that is the myth of the atomic age – as in being able to remake ourselves.”
-Gandhi

Comments

  1. Beautiful post. I started following you.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog.
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thank you for checking on me. My health has not been the greatest. I'm hoping to be inspired to write again, it's not easy when your health is in decline.

    I miss reading and visiting blogs... 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Ms. Assassin! I'll always take your hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree...
    I might not be the strongest, but m definitely strong enough to hear it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect message, and a great reminder for us to be there for each other. I've got you! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you going to do Nanowrimo this year? I am not. Too much pressure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment