2018, the year lost.

At a certain point of time in our lives, we start chasing.
We chase the dreams of who we think we are.
We start defining ourselves as the end point of what this chase is about.

The dream takes us places, cities, and to people.
To some we relate like mirrors of ourselves,
and in some we find the lost versions of who we used to be.

She's going to find herself one day, Rebecca seems like.
He's years behind,
caged in his view of how the world looks at him.

We try to run in circles, away from the reality of who we really are.
Trying to escape the fact that the one within will stay close, no matter how much we run.
And one day, we sit down and talk to the one within.

Its not so bad after all, is it? says the one.
Slowly, as we digest this idea, he says
Did you forget that you're chasing the chase? 


Comments

  1. Life moves in stages, and it's tough to see yourself when you're in a particular stage, or to appreciate the struggles and triumphs in the same way you do as when you look back, in retrospective. Using others to measure your progress or lack thereof is useful only for parents who want to assess their children in some sort of objective way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings. An interesting piece. I'm always searching for a better me and lifestyle! Blessings. Love love, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting piece... we definitely like the chase called life... it is just that what we are chasing keeps changing !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said. I really like your "Let's press reset" meme. I plan to put it on my desktop for a while until I memorize it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dream takes us places, cities, and to people.
    To some we relate like mirrors of ourselves,
    and in some we find the lost versions of who we used to be.


    beautiful writing as always. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. its definitely not so bad after all!
    :)
    four decades of living this life and I have come to realize that

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings from Ohio! I'm bored at work sso I decided to check oout your site
    on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the info you provide
    here and can't wait to take a lkok when I get home.

    I'm amazed aat how fast your blog loaded on my
    ccell phone .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Inception 😊
    Reset to brilliant 👍

    Www.tonightidream_iwander.blogspot.com
    DW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment