big little lost girl.

What's it about patterns that keep us hooked to them?

The older she got, she saw everyone was looking for their patterns. Xaro was 45, woke up early and went for a walk. On his way back, he fetched packets of milk and bread on alternative days. Sundays were about giving a bath to the animals. Weekdays were about beginning to work at 10.30 AM and collapsing on the bed, till he fell asleep. His wife woke up at 4.30 AM everyday, did the exact same things in the same routine. The days when she had to step away from the routines, she could almost scream and cry.

Why was everyone looking for their patterns? Are we all scared of uncertainty? Are the patterns connected to our dreams in someway?

She always had more questions, than answers. After all, the quest is never-ending.

I have a dream, a song to sing
I believe in angels, something good in everything I see.
P.S.

Months spent away from this place (where my heart stays) made me realize that home is where the heart is. Doesn't matter how much sense I make, I keep coming back and letting things out. It feels great to let it all out again. If anyone ever is reading this, I hope all is well with you. 

Comments

  1. Hello Assassin! We all yearn for context in our lives and the only people who understand those personal contexts are our families and those who have been close to us for a long time.

    One of the tragedies of age is that all who could put us into context depart before we do and we're left with people who just know what they see. They don't understand who we were when and the patterns in life that became patterns for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Back...

    Patterns breed familiarity... making us feel comfortable I guess...
    But often, too much familiarity also breeds difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings PA. We all have our routines, and I've even thought of myself as being slightly autistic for wanting and desiring my familiarity, especially with me having bipolar. I do like some changes, if they are nice and pleasant to experience. I like the current patterns in my life at the moment. Welcome back. Blessings to you.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you always keep writing! thank you for inspiring me :')

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep this going please, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every thing is good with my family and me.
    A nerve was just touched by your post. I had the feeling of loosing something when I left home to join my husband in England. Slowly new patterns started forming and within a year I felt OK but not really good.
    I think most of us hurt a little at least when changes happen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment