Listen to me.

'cause you'll need my permission before you step outside.

you'll need it when you dance. maybe you shouldn't dance.

nor those clothes. they're inappropriate. you shouldn't look good enough, or you'll attract unwanted attention.

you'll need my permission, cause you shouldn't have food with the ones I don't consider appropriate.

you should never meet the boys. They're not from where we are, they'll not be the way to you, the way we approve of.

That girl shouldn't be your friend either, we don't approve of her.

I'm just trying to protect you from the harsh world you know. you should listen to me. 


can you stay here with me? I won't tell a soul.
-Charlie Puth



Comments

  1. I dance best when I'm by myself and nobody is watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes going deaf may be needed for life experiences to be seeded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. We have all heard thos words. And sometimes have listened. Bigger sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I will prefer to learn with my own mistakes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, these words have been heard before. Great poem,thanks for sharing.
    Have a great day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nobody can protect some one forever from the harsh world. Self learning is the best...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems to me that we should make our own decisions. With P/C these days, restrictions and judgments about words, actions, thoughts that are our own are condemned. What will happen in the next generation?

    ReplyDelete
  8. When we're young, sometimes adults do us a disservice - or damage us - by being overprotective.

    Then some of us grow up to be our own worst enemies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My problem is I rarely listen to anyone...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment