Southpaw.


Do we not understand that our conception of what is right and what is not could differ from that of other?

Do we not at times victimize ourselves?

How do we look at the other person whom we subject to physical fights- do we not see that most often who faces such fights hides the face of the other person being beaten up, do we not dehumanize the other person for a bit, and see ourselves as liberators?

Do we ever think about thinking through the situation, trying to decode the point of misunderstanding? 

Do we not ultimately aim to make the other person understand our version of the reality? 

Could we not fix this, like everything else. 

If only. 

If only we could be at both of those places, the one about Beating the other person, and the one of about being Beaten up. 

Then I believe we could see, that not everything is worth the loss. 

Because both of those are hurt here. not just one. 

"Some people are as fragile as butterflies and sensitive and it’s your responsibility not to destroy them. Just because you can." 
—Marisha Pessl, Special Topics in Calamity Physics 


Comments

  1. I rather listen than talk unless I am at work. My job is to explain and answer questions.

    I like to know as many opinions as possible on any and every aspect of life. I do not want to waste whatever time I have left in making points that may or may not be needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep and thoughtful... I agree that both people are hurt .... I wonder why we think we are right and that we need to prove it. As I get older I believe this les and less...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment