'cause she wore rose colored glasses.


She lied asleep at night, thinking about all the beautiful things that she'd give to the little one inside her.

Few months later, after the little one was born,  they told her that she won't live to see the daughter growing up.

She could give up, thinking about all the pain that she was going through. But she wasn't alone in this, she loved him too much to leave him behind and the little one was now a part of them.

They say the will is stronger than physical strength.

Few days ago, she told me that we should talk about this more often, there's hope there's dreams, and if there's faith, we could make it through.

More importantly, we should look at the reasons.

Quite a while ago, when she was a little girl, she wore her Dad's coat after he came from work. She felt safe in it. 
Years later, after Lily was born, they told her that the coat being covered with asbestos gave her Mesothelioma. 

She has fought their verdict of surviving for a few days, by taking it across the ten year mark.
We're with you in this Heather.

We'll fight this together.

"I can undoubtedly say that I'm caged by my body, but my mind is free and so is my soul and so is my spirit. I can still dream big. I can still think big. I can still aim high. I can still aspire to inspire."
— Muniba Mazari


Comments

  1. Oh I love this! I wrote a post about Heather recently! This is gorgeous beyond words. I love what you have done here with her story and how hopeful this all feels. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe... this is inspiring that she has passed the 10 year mark... and so sad that something that made her so happy gave her such a dreaded disease... xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, this life is so unfair. Bad things happen to good people, or so it seems.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com




    ReplyDelete
  4. Will is truly a strong force, a touching story :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment