100 told stories.

Every story has more than just itself in it. It carries with it, the essence of a time, a place, and for each a different emotion and understanding.

Stories have changed my life, and I hope that we all find what we seek -sometimes, in our stories, sometimes, not. Stories in stories, stories in poems, they all spoke to me.

This is an ode to those 100 posts that changed my world, and every reason that each one of you gave, to justify things.

Thank you Blogger and the Blogger family for this beautiful world.

Here's one of my favorites.

I was the type of a person, that held onto things too tight, 
unable to release my grip when it no longer felt right, 
and although it gave me blisters and my fingers would all ache, 
I always thought that holding on was worth the pain it takes. 

I used to think that in losing things, I'd lose part of me too,
that slowly I'd become someone, my heart no longer knew. 
Then one day something happened, I dropped what I once held dear, 
but my soul became much lighter, instead of being filled with fear.

and it taught my heart that some things aren't meant to last for long, 
they arrive to teach you lessons, then continue on. 
You no longer have to cling to people, who no longer make you smile, 
or do something you've come to hate, if it isn't worth your while.

that sometimes what you're fighting for, 
isn't worth the cost
and not everything you lose, 
is bound to be a loss. 

-Erin Hanson 



Comments

  1. So meaningful. this is worth being framed and hung up. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very thoughtful homage to one who sent you on a blogger road. A lovely read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful, thank you for sharing it. And it is pure joy to read you :) I hope to read many more posts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Love :) I have always loved reading you, and shall continue to do so. Keep writing more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the poem, it's beautiful and elaborates a healthy relationship.

    - Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.con

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one of my favorite bloggers... what you write and share touches my heart. This made me cry... it also makes me ponder some choices I have made and need to make... Beautiful thoughts xox ♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. I needed to read that. Thank you for sharing. I needed to hear those words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a touching post and a beautiful image of what it's like to connect with those from all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice. What we choose to carry will dictate the life that we have. Lot of wisdom in this verse.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment