#AnotherDayinParadise



Its a quest for reasons to stay, among reasons to leave. 

I thought I could convince myself otherwise, that 'being alive' is living a dream.

But sometimes, they throw you back to the quarter, where you feel that you're better off in those dreams.

Am I scared 'cause they've made this place a world of ghosts? No.

Am I happy 'cause this  is a beautiful place? No. 

Have they taught you too to ignore part of it, and keep moving blindfolded?

I cannot be in the middle of what just is, and is not just. 

These are two shores, either you're here, or you're there. 

You cannot be on both of those, that's not a way out. 

But whoever sails through, goes through the river. 

And just as all the rivers are, this one treats  you like you're special. 

Isn't that everything you had always wanted? 

Welcome to the world. 


“For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.” 
―Eric Roth, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Comments

  1. Why are there always those opposites. The pull apart as opposed to together... I have as many questions, as many missing answers. Guess that is what life is. A bunch of questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this earlier and had to come back to reread it... so powerful. We have to choose a path, we can't sit on the fence... I've been sitting on the fence too long. The only way to grow is choose... I've been afraid to choose because I keep choosing wrong... but it's time to live ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written and a great quote. I am stuck on one shore, for the future I would like can never be, so I have to make the most of what I do have and live my life within those constraints.
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I cannot be in the middle of what just is, and is not just."

    Superb line. And yes, the world indeed is chaotic as such, and difficult to comprehend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! The courage to start all over again . . . Let's!!!

    Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness. Those last four stanzas are amazing and a half. And that photo! Beautiful as always, love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And you can't go back to yesterday because you were a different person then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ''Have they taught you too to ignore part of it, and keep moving blindfolded?''
    Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have to make a choice, that's just the way life goes on and on ~ Thanks for the quote too ~ Hope you are well ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eric Roth hit that right to the point. Your story is amazing and inspiring. We all go through it and it takes bravery to step up and share these not so easy parts of life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indeed there are always two shores and one can only be in either but not on both.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never seem to find reasons to stay, because continuity scares me. I need the chaos, it keeps me focused.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com




    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting thoughts and perspective indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment