The most important question.

Look inside, pick a book and tell me why. 

Comments

  1. The Mirror... I can't even remember who wrote it but it was about a mirror that could send you back in time into one person and bring them into the future. I read it probably 20 times or more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Collection of Kipling's verses" 1888-1921

    I reflect on that as much or more than anything that I ever read. There have been a number of book that had profound impacts on me. That one was lasting and I paid $1.00 for it in a used bookstore in San Francisco.

    White Powder: A Novel of the CIA and the Secret War in Laos is a close second only because I wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite book of all time is hands down "Walden." I guess it's my favorite because I can relate to it and the way he viewed the world and everything in it. That book has brought to me a self-awareness that I wouldn't otherwise have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asking a bibliophile to pick their favourite is like asking a kid to choose between her parents :P I absolutely love reading Blyton and Christie, even now. Others books I love very much are Wuthering Heights (there is something magical and extremely powerful and poignant about its dialogues), Sea of Poppies, Midnight's Children and Metamorphosis. what are your favourites? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg thats a difficult question! I like to read books that make me laugh so Diary of A Wimpy Kid. Plus I like Sidney Sheldon too. And also, The Bell Jar. :) Well, its not even one percent of the books I like. I need an entire post for that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Favorite Book?
    Definitely 'Jane Eyre' by Charlotte Bronte
    I read it when I was in Grade IX....and it reminds me of all the conversations and discussion that I had with my sister in those days regarding various aspects pf the novel!
    for me its a very "Beautiful" memory!
    I loved it.....almost everything in it, i remember.
    My favorite character Mr. Rochester, The charisma he carried and the way the writer presented it to the readers....marvelous! I cant forget imagining the Lowood School (the scary winters!) or Mr. Brocklehurst (the deadly principal) or the Reed family or Bertha Rochester or surely Jane Eyre! it was full of emotions, morals, even religion as well!

    I loved it !
    at the same time i cannot stop myself mentioning that "Tale of Two cities" by Charles dickens also remains my all time Favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite book is one I've recently read, "The Storyteller" by Jodi Picoult. Words cannot describe how much I feel for that book. I literally want to run up to Jodi and be like "I love you so much you're my hero please don't ever stop writing".

    I really like your header by the way :)

    Tay
    x

    My new blog; http://smartestthingsheeversaid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats a tough one, coz in every age you can have speical, fav books..
    anyway,
    A life giving vision by john powell, impressed me alot, a book that has helped me look inside me

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love books, but i think to kill a mockingbird may very well be that one book that just contains so much magic no matter how many times i pick it up. and also because i'm entirely in love with atticus :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very very tough.

    'The Godfather' and 'The Ranch'. Its a tough call between these two for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Kite Runner by Khalid

    There is such simplicity in his words, yet having the effect of touching your heart strings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so difficult to choose..Five People you meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom and his other books too, Otherwise i read all the time, so there are many books I have liked a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do I even have one anymore? Hmmm... Probably the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Magnificent Obsession. I do not remember what it was all about... But is like my favorite childhood memory.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beyond The Frontiers Of The Mind by Osho... but basically anything by him. :]

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very difficult question :( I don't even think I can answer that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bonjour tristess, it tells me something I didn't already know.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is probably one of the MOST difficult questions of all.
    Well, Inkheart and Thief Lord have been my favorites since i was a child.
    Then came in HARRY POTTER (^_^).
    Finally, Sister's Keeper, Nineteen Minutes, The Book Thief, Alex Cross and Maximum Ride series by James Patterson :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I will have to give that some thought. I am 50 and have done a considerable amount of reading....it's close to impossible to choose just one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Alice in Wonderland - It makes perfect, enchanted sense to me - helps me feel truly alive inside - helps re-frame the world all around (in a more helpful light,) and, makes my heart happy. Thank you for asking.
    Brilliant Day to You!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Again, it is almost impossible to answer that one, having reached a retirement age and having read so many books. Books by Rudyard Kipling, C.S. Lewis, JRRTokien...so many. Good question.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This to me is like "what was your favorite moment in life?"
    Too many, of course. Mentioning some would be an injustice to the other.
    Sneaky I am, ain't I? =D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Starting to liking your blog. Following you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. "A Corner of the Universe." _ Ann M.Martin. It helps us understand the hardships of a person who is not like most of us. The author has written the series "Baby Sitter's Club and please don't let the series make the decision for you not to read it.

    I have read a lot of fine lit books in order to even graduate from my college. I am loosing the capacity to retain long stories in my mind therefore as rich as my treasure of reading has been it is as sad. I do not wish my condition on any one. I am in my sixties and I want to be able to enjoy what ever it is I can remember. How ever if the story is short and contained and compelling I enjoy it enough to go back and re read the chapters if I forget. A corner of the Universe is one such book.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Can I pick two? :-)

    The Bible is my number one favorite book. And the second one would be Little Women, because I learned a lot of life lessons that I otherwise would not learn have I not read it. That book really changed me. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment