Turning 20.

The second decade of my life just ended. It's difficult to understand this.
Five years behind the line, the picture of today was beautiful. It's different now.
The people I had in mind, to a large extent have drifted apart; others have come close too.
As I woke up to the thought of a really bad day to look forward to (being an anti-birthday person),
I wanted to go alone to some place of peace and quiet. I wanted those old friends to be around, grab a beer and day dream.
I did not have the day to myself, but it's better that way.

Depression seems to have lost it's course in my ride. That way, I'm glad.
I'm doing what I love to do, that is explore, so I'm not carrying any bag of regret. Happiness was a choice, I've jumbled up my pieces.

All the why's I had in mind, gradually disappeared, new one's have found place. It's practically bliss!
When I was 16, I wanted to make sure that when I was twenty, and ahead, I only wore Black or White. I'm pursuing law, wanting to be a Judge. 99 per cent of me is black!
I wanted to figure how things worked, so reading is my best friend!

I'm happy. I'd like to stay that way for a while now.
#GoodBye 20th twenty ninth June. We've made it across the two third line!


Who could I be.

Comments

  1. I am a little confused :-s
    Should I say Happy Birthday, or Happy Birthday belated :-?

    Welcome to the twenties!! :D

    *insert a lame philosophical quote about life* :-s

    May you succeed in every part of your life :)

    Personally, I too prefer to be left alone on my birthday.I even switch off my cell phone.

    Stay Blessed ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember feeling like everything had changed on my twentieth birthday. I can gladly say being in the twenties is great: you are neither a cranky teenager not taken seriously nor an adult to be held accountable for the littlest things. It's in your twenties that you're most likely to structure your life and realise life's most important lessons.

    Have an awesome year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The twenties can be fabulous for learning and growing... They were tough for me but I look back fondly at how they shaped me to be me...

    Enjoy them and have lots of fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so many wonderful days ahead my friend. The 20s are the most vivacious and self-discovering era of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!!! I hope life brings you infinite happiness and that all the regrets fade away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowww... thats one awesome milestone to cross :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday :) Hope you have fun twenties :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! I am glad that happiness is making its way into your world. Birthdays are a great reminder of change and new beginnings. Here is to your new happy adventure at 20 years :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twenty in dog years is still a puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday! I think it's great that you know where you're going, what you're going to become.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Belated Birthday! Have a great year ahead and there is some kind of beauty even in black and white :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated happy birthday..hopefully after an year i would be doing a post on the same :P
    Everytime you realize something or the other it is just that when you have a bullet date you sort it out and present.It is like a deadline has been met.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated birthday. Things didn't turn out how you expected them to be? Well, at least you are happy :) Which is wonderful.
    Have a happy life my friend ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment